Obtaining a residence permit consists of several stages:
- Obtaining a Slovenian tax number - 7-15 days.
- Establishing a new company and submitting necessary documents to the administrative authorities - 1-2 months.
- Acquiring a ready-made company - 3-7 days, assisted by a notary (with a full set of documents).
- Preparing a complete set of documents for obtaining a residence permit - from 30 days.
- Submitting all the documents to the migration authorities of Slovenia and obtaining a residence permit card - up to 6 months.
✔️ For how long? The validity of the residence permit card depends on the immigration program:
- Residence permit on the grounds of employment in a Slovenian company with higher education diploma or investment is issued for 1 year, with further extensions for 2 years. After 5 years from the date of obtaining the first residence permit and subject to a continuous lawful residence in Slovenia, you have the right to obtain permanent residence.
✔️After 10 years from the date of obtaining the first residence permit and subject to a continuous lawful residence in Slovenia, you are entitled to obtain Slovenian citizenship.
The exact timing of obtaining your residence permit card cannot be specified, since the process depends on the administrative authorities of the Republic of Slovenia and on how long it takes you to prepare and submit all the documents.Our specialists work and live in the country every day, closely collaborating with local authorities. We are in the loop.